INSPIRE Infrastructure for Spatial Information in Europe is the name of an EU directive for the development of an European Spatial Data Infrastructure. The goal of the infrastructure is to support the European Environmental policy and decision-making.
- provide information about INSPIRE and its implemantation,
- co-ordinate existing and future INSPIRE-related activities in Switzerland,
- use the existing resources and know-how more efficient and effective,
- support the current definition processes for INSPIRE Implementing Rules,
- keep contact on European INSPIRE-related committees and ensure information,
- provide a contact person for Swiss institutions as well as European INSPIRE-related committees and institutions.
Alain Buogo from COGIS is acting as the contact person. Please send an E-Mail if you have any questions on INSPIRE.
If you are interested in INSPIRE and think about participating in the review processes, please fill in the Contact form.
Explanations on SDIC and LMO can be found in the section Calls for Review. There is no need to be previously registered as SDIC or LMO if you are interested in the processes.